Working with the Path From Poverty Women’s Groups in Kenya offers a rare chance to witness transformation- both for yourself and in someone else. Path From Poverty invites you to join a Volunteer Work Team in which participants work hand-in-hand with Kenya women to accomplish a mutually beneficial project. Your time on a Volunteer Work Team will involve a number of different activities, often include:
- Prepare and building a water tank base at a Kenyan women's home;
- Learn how to install different parts of a water tank;
- Share stories of families, experiences, wisdom, and need;
- Experience a variety of local foods, traditions, songs, and celebrations;
- End the trip with a time of reflection and relaxation.
Our next Volunteer Work Team trip that will take place from February 27th to March 13th, 2019. We will be working side by side with several women's groups in the Kilome region. You will have the opportunity to help build tanks bases with the women at their homes, learn from them about how they earn income and walk where they used to go for their water source.
Join us for our next Informational Meeting on Monday, January 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Path from Poverty office, 302 N. 78th, Seattle, WA 98103. You will have the opportunity to see pictures from past trips, hear about the goals, itinerary, and ask questions.
Questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 206.624.4934